Widal (Slide Method), Serum at Best Price in Hyderabad
Patient Preparing : There are no specific instructions or preparations necessary before undergoing this test.
The Widal Slide Agglutination Test is a blood test primarily used to help diagnose typhoid fever, which is an illness that is caused by the bacterium Salmonella typhi. This bacterium spreads commonly through food that has been contaminated or water, and if left untreated, typhoid fever can lead to severe complications. If you're in Hyderabad and need a Widal serum test, you can find reliable testing services at Sprint Diagnostics Center, which is conveniently located near you.
The test identifies the presence of specific antibodies (agglutinins) in the blood that the body produces in response to Salmonella typhi infection. A positive result is usually indicative of a current or past disease. Don't hesitate to reach out to Sprint Diagnostics Center for your Widal serum test in Hyderabad to ensure your health and well-being.
|Test Name||Widal Slide Agglutination Test|
|Preparations Required||There are no specific instructions or preparations necessary before undergoing this test.|
|Report Time||4 hours|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the Widal Slide Agglutination Test Important?
This test is crucial in diagnosing typhoid fever, which can lead to severe health issues if not properly treated.
2. What Type of Sample is Needed for this Test?
A blood sample is needed for this test.
Home Sample Collection
3. When Should I Get this Test Done?
If you're experiencing symptoms of typhoid fever, such as fever, headaches, stomach pain, and loss of appetite, your doctor may recommend this test.
4. What Does this Test Measure?
The Widal Slide Agglutination Test measures the presence and quantity of specific antibodies produced by your body in response to Salmonella typhi infection.
5. What are the Normal Values for this Test?
Normal values may slightly vary depending on the laboratory, but generally, titers below 1:80 for both O and H antigens are considered normal.
6. What Precautions Should I Take Before this Test?
No specific precautions are needed before taking this test.
7. What Factors Could Affect the Test Results?
Modifiable Factors: None, as the test is designed to detect antibodies to a specific infection.
Nonmodifiable Factors: Prior vaccination against typhoid fever may affect the results.
8. What Does an Abnormal Result Mean?
An abnormal result can indicate a current or recent infection with Salmonella typhi, the bacteria that causes typhoid fever.
9. Can I Take This Test at Home?
No, a healthcare professional must collect the blood sample in a clinical setting.
Book Your Slot
Our Locations Near You in Hyderabad
3KM from Banjara Hills
1.9KM from Yusufguda
3KM from Madhura Nagar
5KM from Shaikpet
- Cardiac Risk Profile
- Pituitary marker Profile
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Profile
- Dengue Fever Panel
- Lung Cancer Panel 1 Complete Molecular
- Gastroenteritis Screening Panel
- Thyroid Profile (T3,T4,TSH), Serum
- Pancreatic Marker Profile
- STD profile
- Androgen Profile
- Lipid Profile, Serum
- Antenatal Profile
- PCOD Profile
- Glucose Fasting (FBS),Sodium Fluoride Plasma
- Creatinine, Serum
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin (HbA1C)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Serum
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Ultrasensitive, Serum
- Complete Urine Examination (CUE), Urine
- Liver Function Test (LFT),Serum
- Dengue (IgG & IgM), Serum
- Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Rapid, Serum
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Serum
- Widal (Slide Method), Serum
- Total IgE, Serum