Your Cart
Your cart is empty

Looks like you haven't added any test / checkup to your cart

Add Test / Checkup
User Sign In Health checkup offers
Lab Test

Mercury - Blood Diagnostic Test

Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in the environment, in various forms. It can be absorbed into the body through the skin, ingested, or inhaled as mercury vapor. The Mercury - Blood test is designed to measure the amount of mercury in your blood, which may be necessary if you've been exposed to a significant amount of this substance.

  • Profile Name: Mercury - Blood Diagnostic Test
  • Sample Type: Blood
  • Preparations Required: No special preparation is necessary before having this test. It's recommended to follow your routine diet and lifestyle unless otherwise directed by your healthcare provider.
  • Report Time: 6 days

In its different forms, mercury can have different impacts on human health. Some forms of mercury, particularly methylmercury found in certain types of fish, can have toxic effects on the nervous, digestive and immune systems, and on lungs, kidneys, skin, and eyes.

Home Sample Collection Process

Book your convenient slot
Book your convenient slot
Sample Collection by Phlebotomist
Sample Collection by Phlebotomist
Reporting of the sample at lab
Reporting of the sample at lab
Download Reports
Download Reports
Frequently Asked Questions

The Mercury - Blood test is primarily used to help identify potential excessive exposure to mercury. If you are exhibiting signs and symptoms of mercury poisoning such as weakness, fatigue, and numbness in hands and feet, your healthcare provider may recommend this test.

No, fasting is not necessary for this test. You can continue with your regular diet and daily activities unless otherwise directed by your healthcare provider.

The Mercury - Blood test is performed like any other blood test. A healthcare professional will draw blood from a vein, typically in your arm.

This test alone cannot diagnose mercury poisoning. It can, however, help determine if you have been exposed to higher-than-normal levels of mercury.

A high level of mercury in your blood could indicate that you have been exposed to harmful levels of this substance. Depending on the extent of the exposure, it could lead to health problems like memory problems, unsteady gait, numbness in the hands and feet, and others.

The frequency of the test depends on your risk of exposure. If you work in an industry that uses mercury or if you have a diet high in certain types of fish, you may need to get tested more frequently.

As with any blood test, there is a minimal risk of slight bleeding, bruising, or infection at the puncture site. The procedure is generally safe when performed by a trained healthcare professional.

Certain types of fish, shellfish, and marine animals can have high levels of mercury. Occupational exposure in industries like mining, manufacturing, dental care, and in some chemical labs can also increase mercury levels in your blood.

Reducing your exposure to mercury is the best way to lower the level in your body. This might involve changing your diet, improving safety measures if you work with mercury, and getting rid of mercury- containing items in your home safely.

Depending on your symptoms and medical history, other heavy metals might be tested as well. This can include lead, arsenic, and cadmium.

Not everyone who is exposed to mercury gets sick. It depends on how much mercury you were exposed to, how long you were exposed, and your individual health condition.

If your test results are abnormal, you should consult with your healthcare provider. They will guide you on the necessary steps and treatments if required.

Certain medications may affect the results of this test. Always tell your healthcare provider about any medication, supplements, or herbal remedies you are taking.

If your test results are abnormal, you should consult with your healthcare provider. Depending on your symptoms and medical history, you may need to consult with a specialist like a toxicologist or a neurologist.

Yes, even at low levels, mercury can cause serious health problems over time, especially to the nervous system.

In conclusion, the Mercury - Blood test is a critical tool in assessing potential exposure to mercury. Through this test, it's possible to identify excessive levels of mercury in the body, enabling timely intervention and prevention of further health complications. Should you be in environments where exposure to mercury is possible, regular testing is recommended.

₹ 5100 Add to Cart
Schedule Test in Your Available Time
Locations Near You in Hyderabad
  • 4KM from Madhapur
  • 3KM from Banjara Hills
  • 1.9KM from Yusufguda
  • 3KM from Madhura Nagar
  • 5KM from Shaikpet