Your Cart
Your cart is empty

Looks like you haven't added any test / checkup to your cart

Add Test / Checkup
User Sign In Health checkup offers
Lab Test

Mercury - 24 Hours Urine Diagnostic Test

Mercury is a naturally occurring element that is found in air, water and soil. It has several forms, and exposure to each form of mercury can affect human health differently. The Mercury - 24 Hours Urine test is a useful diagnostic tool that can determine the amount of mercury present in your body. The test measures mercury levels in a urine sample collected over a 24-hour period.

  • Profile Name: Mercury - 24 Hours Urine Diagnostic Test
  • Sample Type: Urine
  • Preparations Required: There are no special instructions for this test. Regular diet and activities can be followed unless otherwise instructed by your healthcare provider.
  • Report Time: 3 days

Exposure to mercury can occur from breathing contaminated air, ingesting contaminated water and food, and having dental and medical treatments. Mercury, at high levels, may damage the brain, kidneys, and developing fetus. This test is especially important for people who suspect they have been exposed to mercury, such as in certain workplaces or from certain dietary sources.

Home Sample Collection Process

Book your convenient slot
Book your convenient slot
Sample Collection by Phlebotomist
Sample Collection by Phlebotomist
Reporting of the sample at lab
Reporting of the sample at lab
Download Reports
Download Reports
Frequently Asked Questions

The Mercury - 24 Hours Urine test is used to measure the level of mercury in the body. It is usually ordered when a person has symptoms suggestive of acute or chronic mercury exposure, such as neurological changes, mood swings, memory loss, or skin rash.

No fasting is required for the Mercury - 24 Hours Urine test. You can follow your regular diet and activities.

The test requires a 24-hour urine collection. You will be given a special container to collect your urine over a full day. It's important to collect all urine passed in that 24-hour period for accurate results.

The test can detect and measure the amount of mercury in your urine, but it cannot diagnose mercury poisoning. Diagnosis requires a careful review of your symptoms, medical history, and potential sources of exposure. However, a high level of mercury in urine can indicate excessive exposure to mercury.

An abnormal result may indicate excessive exposure to mercury. The exact implications depend on the level of mercury detected and other factors like your symptoms and history of exposure.

The normal level can vary, but typically, a level less than 10 micrograms/L is considered normal for an adult. Your healthcare provider or the laboratory will provide you with the specific reference range.

This test is not typically done as a routine check. It's usually only performed when mercury exposure is suspected based on symptoms, occupational exposure, or dietary habits.

Consumption of certain fish or seafood, occupational exposure to mercury, use of certain skin products or traditional medicines containing mercury, and proximity to industries releasing mercury can affect test results.

Yes, certain types of fish and shellfish are known to contain higher levels of mercury. Consuming these frequently can lead to higher levels of mercury in your body.

If your mercury levels are high, it's important to identify the source of exposure and try to avoid it. You may need to change your diet or workplace practices, or use personal protective equipment if you work in an industry where mercury exposure is common.

If your test results are abnormal, it's important to consult with your healthcare provider. They can guide you on the next steps, which may include further testing, evaluation of potential sources of exposure, and treatment if necessary.

Depending on your symptoms and potential sources of exposure, your healthcare provider might order additional tests, such as blood tests for mercury, tests for other heavy metals, or tests to check the function of affected organs, such as the kidneys.

Certain medications can potentially affect test results. Make sure to inform your healthcare provider about any medications, supplements, or herbal products you are taking.

If your test results are abnormal, you should consult with a healthcare provider who specializes in environmental medicine or toxicology. They can provide guidance on managing and reducing mercury exposure.

Even at low levels, exposure to mercury over a long period of time can lead to physical symptoms, including tremors, insomnia, memory loss, neuromuscular effects, headaches and cognitive and motor dysfunction.

In conclusion, the Mercury - 24 Hours Urine test is a key component in identifying and managing exposure to mercury. By understanding your mercury levels, you and your healthcare provider can take steps to reduce exposure and address any health concerns related to mercury. If you work in an industry with potential exposure or regularly consume fish and seafood, this test can be an important part of your health monitoring regimen.

₹ 5600 Add to Cart
Schedule Test in Your Available Time
Locations Near You in Hyderabad
  • 4KM from Madhapur
  • 3KM from Banjara Hills
  • 1.9KM from Yusufguda
  • 3KM from Madhura Nagar
  • 5KM from Shaikpet